Friday, October 17, 2008

Santa, Easter Bunny, and Tooth Fairy?

Last night was a busy night for Nate and myself. I have been in search for the perfect pair of jeans to buy since mine seem to be fitting me extra baggy lately~ Could it be the 35lbs on my way to 40lbs that I have lost~ maybe so. Well my search continues.

So we were driving home from one of many stores that we visited and somehow Nate got on the subject of what he wants for Christmas~ oh boy, starting already. Nate was telling me that he is going to ask Santa for skin tight jeans~ Yes skater boys are wearing skin tight jeans. I don't even think that girls with the most wonderful of figures should wear them~ I truely can't wait for this style to pass~ they are the most ugly style of jeans I have ever witnessed in my life. So anyways, I was telling him that I don't think Santa will bring them and that's when it happened. I calmly look at my most handsome and wonderful loving son and said " Santa isn't real"

He''s like what do you mean he isn't real? I had to break it down for him. I told him that grandpa, grandma, and myself are Santa. He took it really good but looked totaly shocked. I truley believe that he 100% believed in Santa. I guess more than anything I wanted to protect Nate. I didn't want him going back to middle school and getting teased for believing or by finding out from other kids~ I thought it was best to come from me.

So then he starts thinking about the Tooth Fairy & the Easter bunny~ yes I told him the honest truth about them too.

I did end our conversation with telling Nate it's okay to believe in the magic of Santa, its makes Christmas time so much more fun and magical.

No comments: