Monday, November 10, 2008

What A Loud Reward!!!!!

Well as most of you already know Nate is in 6th grade this year. In middle school they do quarters, so with that Nate brought home is 1st report card for the year. Nate did a great job!! Nate got 4 B's and 2 C's which averages out to a B- average~ I am so very proud of my boy!! Middle school is really agreeing with Nate~ he loves that he has 7 classes and that it is also a drop schedule~ so he doesn't always have the same class every day in the same order. He also has 7 different teachers and I know that really agrees with him. All his teachers had really nice comments to say about him. Now tomorrow we have our 1st conference for the year and this is the 1st time that I am not that nervous about it~ don't get me wrong, I am still a little nervous but not as much as I have been in the past~ wish us Luck!!

Last year Nate and Grandpa Jim made a deal, if he brought home a B average he would get a guitar. Sadly Nate didn't make the grade last year~ He worked hard but just didn't quit get it, he was just a little bit away from that average.

Well Nate has been talking a lately about getting a guitar~ so grandpa, being extremely happy with Nate's report card decided that he earned it. Grandpa did some calling around to a friend to find out just which guitar would be the best for Nate.

So the big day came~ on Saturday after Nate's basketball game~ which Nate scored five baskets, and his team won ~ grandma, grandpa, and Nate went to the guitar store. So here I am thinking that Nate was going to just get a little wood guitar to start off with. Well boy was I WRONG in every sense!!!

I meet up with the crew after running my errands and I get in grandma's car to find out, Nate got an electric guitar with an amp~ yep you heard me right, an electric guitar with a very loud amp.

Nate has been spending a lot of time playing around with it~ He has 20 free online sessions which I hope he uses! he is already talking about forming a group.

Who knows I might just have the next big hit garage band member right under my nose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's time for a new update! ;) -teri