Friday, December 12, 2008

A day in the life

No news is good news. This past tuesday Nate the great started snowboarding with school, for a fee of course. They go for five Tuesdays right after school. The students from both middle schools hop on bus and head for Afton Alps.


Nate really cracked me up the night before his first trip to Afton. Nate was a little dissapointented that all the kids are required to take lessons their for the first two sessions. He has an attitude like " I know what I am doing, I know how to snowboard." I had to remind Nate these are not the type of his he is used to going to like the hill at his old elementary school or the golf course~ they are by no mean mountians but they are Way Huge hills that you have to ride a sky lift on. He was like "oh".


So I picked him up from school at 9:30~ and on a school night~ he couldn't wait to get in the car and tell me all about it. I, being his loving mother was most concerned about what he ate for dinner. Come to find out he didn't eat dinner~ he had locked his wallet up in the trailor with his backpack. His friend bought him a pop and a candy bar. So after that little discussion about not locking the wallet he couldn't wait to tell me about his adventure and his injuries.


Nate the great realized that those hills were just as big as I told him. I guess he had falled down more than just the one time. I asked him how the lesson went, thinking they would teach him some good moves, well I was wrong. He pretty much just had to prove to the instructors that he could weave back and forth. Once he did that he was on his own.


Nate had a blast and can't wait for the next trip coming up this Tuesday. We have to go shopping and see about getting him new bindings. We gave away his snowboarding boots because they were to small and went and got some new used ones~ well it wasn't until the night before that it dawned on me~ we should probably see if they fit in the bindings~ well they DIDN'T. Now we have to see if we can put new bindings on his board or get him a whole new USED board.


In other Nate the great news he has been having fun with basketball. His coach tells him all the time that he is one of the best players on the team~ sometimes I think that goes to his head a little bit. His team so far this season in 3-1. He plays a pretty strong team this weekend but lets hope our team Wins!!


As for me, not alot going on~ I have been getting the house ready for Christmas with all the decorations and making lots and lots of caramels.


We are looking forward to a great Christmas with all the family and having new little ones at the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope he's wearing a helmet & your medical insurance is paid up! lol. See you tomorrow!